Each student should be helped to reach his/her highest potential for intellectual, emotional and physical growth. To achieve this, the home and school must work together by recognizing and agreeing upon the responsibilities of each party in the learning process.
As a student, I will be reponsible for:
- Showing respect and cooperating with all adults at the school.
- Coming to class on time, prepared to work.
- Completing all assignments to the best of my ability.
- Respecting the rights of others to learn without disruption.
- Showing respect for people and property by not using profanity, stealing or vandalizing.
- Practicing the rules in the Code of Student Conduct.
- Spending time at home on daily studying or reading.
Student Signature: _______________________________
As a teacher, I will be responsible for:
- Providing instruction in a way that will motivate and encourage my students.
- Providing a safe and positive atmosphere for learning.
- Explaining assignments so that my students have a clear understanding.
- Supplying clear evaluations of student progress to students and parents.
Teacher Signature: _______________________________
As a parent, I will be responsible for:
- Providing a caring environment, including adequate food and rest, so my child is ready to learn.
- Providing a time and place for quiet study and reading at home.
- Helping my child in any way possible to meet his/her responsibilities.
Parent Signature: _______________________________
(Adapted from Twin Peaks Middle School, Poway, CA)
California State PTA Parents Empowering Parents