Parenting Survey: What Do You Know About Your Child?
First, answer the questions alone and then grade yourself by discussing them with your child. Scores of 24-20 show you talk with your child and know him/her well. Scores of 19-13 mean you know a lot about him/her but could improve. Scores under 13 show you need to spend more time with your child and listen harder!
- Who is your child’s best friend?
- What is your child’s greatest fear?
- What are your child’s favorite and least favorite school subjects?
- What is your child’s very favorite television show?
- What color would your child like his/her room to be?
- Who is your child’s greatest hero?
- Does your child feel liked by the children in the school?
- What would be your child’s favorite vacation?
- What is your child’s favorite food and what is the most dreaded?
- What is your child’s most prized possession?
- What does your child feel is his/her greatest talent?
- What does your child like least about his/her looks?
- What does your child want to be when he/she grows up?
- What household chore does your child like least?
- What is your child’s favorite family vacation?
- What nicknames do other children call your child?
- Of what accomplishments is your child most proud?
- What is your child’s biggest complaint about the family?
- What is your child’s favorite kind of music?
- What sport does your child most enjoy playing?
- What is your child’s favorite outfit to wear?
- What would your child like to change about himself/herself?
- What embarrasses your child most?
- What person outside the family has influenced your child most?
(Adapted from the Christian Woman Magazine, March, 1987)
California State PTA, Parents Empowering Parents